Dr. Rochelle Moat and her brilliant and friendly team at Healing Hands Family Chiropractic are so excited to welcome you all to our brand new premises in West Pennant Hills. Our goal is to provide you and your family with a focused, wholistic and passionate approach to health and wellness.
Neuro Emotional Technique
Retained Neonatal Reflexes
“CHIROPRACTIC is the SCIENCE, PHILOSOPHY, and ART that utilises the inherent recuperative power of the body to heal itself without the use of drugs or surgery.”
This week is Spinal Health Week so we sat down with Dr Rochelle to ask her about what Chiropractic means to her.
- What sparked your passion to become a chiropractor?
I’m passionate about working with the body to support and enhance its ability to heal naturally.
- You studied in Sydney and operate your practice in West Pennant Hills in Sydney. Where else have you practiced chiropractic?
Alice Springs, Victoria, Northern Ireland and Scotland in the UK.
- How many years does it take to become a chiropractor?
5 – 6 years. The 3 years was study to get a Bachelor of Science mainly in anatomy sciences wiht heh following years specific to Chirorpactic to recite e a Masters.
- For the readers who are not familiar with chiropractors, can you please explain a little about how chiropractic care works?
The focus is on the spine and the nervous system and how it governs function of the body. The vertebrae (spine) covers and protects the nerve fibres which form the central nervous system. The nervous system connects all cells, tissues and organs of the body to the brain.
Every day activities can result in the spine going out of natural alignment. This can irritate the nervous system, affecting its ability to maximise body functions.
Chiropractors use techniques to locate nerve interferences and perform spinal adjustments to release the interference and allow the body to function to its full potential.
- Tell us something that not many people know or understand about chiropractors.
WE DO NOT CRACK OR BREAK BONES!! There are many ways the nervous system can be influenced with various gentle and non invasive techniques.
- What are some steps you encourage your patients to take in order to live a healthy lifestyle?
- Plenty of rest;
- Fuel your body with clean, nourishing food;
- Have purpose and a clear vision for your life. Surround yourself with people who positively influence you;
- Implement techniques that support you to cope with stressors of life;
- Keep your body moving; and
- Minimise toxic exposure to your body by using natural personal care products and natural house cleaning products.
- What is your health and wellness philosophy?
Every day we make hundreds of decisions about our body. If we can make better choices in the decision we make, it will contribute to better health and overall wellness.
- What are your non negotiables when it comes to your health/lifestyle?
- Spinal adjustments on a regular basis;
- Yoga, to cope with lifestyle stress, enhance mood and overall sense of wellbeing;
- Quality time with family and friends; and
- Being outdoors.